Friday, November 23, 2007

Hand operation update

Yesterday I went to the hand clinic for a follow-up, there the therapist fitted me with a splint and gave me some exercises to do. I didn't quite realize that I have to wear this splint 24-7 for 3 months to be removed only for exercises at least 5 times per day. In addition they recommended that it be worn at night for up to one year.

On an up note I was told that the incision looked very good and that my range of motion on the affected finger was better than normal. I will be going back to see the doctor early next week and the the stitches will be taken out in early December.


While this is turning out to be a bit more involved than I have anticipated I am very happy with the result as I can now straighten the affected finger. (LH ring finger) I am sure that it will be well worth the effort in the end.

No comments: